Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Trick Two - The Library Card

The library card, what a great idea. You have a card selected, introduce a book you are currently reading and then the impossible happens. A page and the selected card change places. No gaff cards, just pure sleight of hand. So here is the trick:



Pros: Handling of the signed card is very slick. I like the fact you can involve the spectator throughout the entire trick. The magic happens in their hands!

Cons: I feel when the page pops out the deck the trick is over. Even though the transposition is impossible the spectators know how the trick is going to end. Only solution I have is riffle a couple times and let nothing happen. Build the tension, then riffle and the page shoots out. Just a handling idea...

Overall I feel this trick would play very well for the public. I might re-edit this when I get a new computer.

Coming up next, Hi-Ho Silver!

See you next week

No comments:

Post a Comment